Why are my light constantly flickering or dimming?
- Posted on Jan 10, 2019
Have you experienced your lights flickering or dimmed down? If you have these could be the reasons why.
- Loose bulbs can cause inconsistent connections and regular flickering. Simply tightening the bulb will ensure a solid connection.
- Troubleshooting means a bad connection on your switch can cause your light to flicker or dim. Switches are very easy to replace.
- Flickering lights are normally not a cause for panic. But it could indicate a more serious issue. Constant or severe drops in lighting can result from faulty connections somewhere along the circuit. Which can create points of high resistance and generate unsafe levels of heat.
- Old Breakers can cause light’s to flicker. Faulty breaker wiring can short and overheat, which can cause lights to flicker.
- A broken neutral wire which means that the return path to the electrical panel is incomplete, which can cause imbalances in the two main power wires.
You can always contact your local electricians for more information